When we went in there, the nurse was in a gown and mask and was taking it off, and we were thinking "Oh my goodness, whats going on!?" And I remember looking over at Chloe, and then I saw an oxygen hood. Me and Travis hurry over to her crib ask okay, whats going on...
Chloe's finger where she had a blister at, was very red in color, and she had a fever of 101.3 and was dropping her oxygen. A day or two ago blister on her finger got lanced, but I lanced it again because I realized that there was more fluid in it, and I noticed that when I pressed on her fingernail, fluid would come out, so I'm assuming that there is a blister under her nail. the nail looks like its going to fall off, I just don't know when, but I can't wait for it fall off. So she had blood drawn this morning and she is on antibiotics vancomycin and gentamicin, her usual.
If hearing all that wasn't enough.... I was looking at Chloe and I was trying to giver her, her passie, and she didn't want it, so I went to lay it down in the crib with her, and I look at her chest and the clamp that goes around her broviac, was just sitting there, and I picked it up and showed Travis and he didn't understand why it was off. Well the nurse comes in and I showed her the clamp and she is looking at Chloe she says "There should be no that can come off unless..." and she grabs the broviac, and says "unless it comes out" and she is holding the broviac! It slipped all the way out! They shouldn't be able to fall out!!!!
They give her an IV in her head, and they say they are going to try and put a PICC line again at shift change-3 O'clock. Well Travis sadly had to return home to work and wont be back until this following weekend.
I waited until 6 O'clock to be able to return to the nursery to see Chloe. They could not get the PICC line. as of right now, she has an IV in her head again, and tomorrow at 7am they are taking her back for surgery to place another broviac line. Its what needs done, but im so frustrated because that means they are going to have her on the vent again, and she will be on it for a couple days before she gets off of it, and that means she wont be able to eat for the next couple days. Hopefully she gets off the vent fast, and by the end of the week she is fine and we will be able to feed her. I am thankful tho that this time when she gets put in the vent, the nurse practitioner will be there, and so will the nurse because they are doing it right there in the nursery before they take her back to make she no tape is on her skin and what happened last time doesnt happen again.
Sadly its like Chloe, for every two steps forward, its one back, but it could also just be the devil trying to get me down because we hear the news we have been waiting to hear for 2 months, and he is trying to bring us down, but thats not going to happen. We have been though so much already to let that happen. We have faith in the Lord. HE will have Chloe come home when he feels is the right time.
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD